Provides administrative support to the Department of Athletics, assisting the Director of Athletics in daily operations of the program and facility. Manages the office by composing correspondence and reports, maintaining records, managing payments, coordinating schedules. Acts as office liaison with students, faculty and staff. Maintains clear communication with other stakeholder offices such as Facilities, Business Office, Public Safety, Events Management, etc.
- Supports the Athletic Department (AD) by performing tasks related to the AD and student-athlete success, including assisting students in navigating College requirements as they align with NJCAA requirements.
- Processes, tracks and creates records for AD transactions including requests for payment, travel reconciliation forms, deposits, credit card reconciliations, etc.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, scanning, record keeping, maintaining calendars.
- Acts an office liaison with students, faculty and staff.
- Maintains clear communication with other stakeholder offices such as Facilities, Business Office, Public Safety, Events Management, etc.
- Makes travel arrangements for teams and staff including transportation, accommodations, meals.
- Initiates, facilitates and maintains game contracts.
- Ensures that payment is made to coaches, and game personnel, and other game-related needs.
- Maintains office supplies by checking inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing, expediting and monitoring delivery and subsequent payment.
- Ensures operation of office and athletic equipment, coordinating preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Provides, in a professional manner, information by answering questions and requests via telephone, email and mail.
- Coordinates game-setup with appropriate departments.
- Contributes to the Departmental vision and mission by working within the AD team, accomplishing related results as needed.
- Three years of office experience with strong keyboarding, word processing, and database skills, with a knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, including the timely processing of payments.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, including a proven ability to interact in a confidential and effective manner.
- Strong ability to solve problems, prioritize and multitask office projects and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to handle, and be effective during, times of hectic activity.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse population and contribute to a culture of respect, honor, inclusion and belonging for all staff, students, visitors and other AD stakeholders.
- Knowledge of / experience in Athletics
- Knowledge of FERPA and Title IX
Closing Date: June 16, 2023
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency