This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant, Kinesiology & Athletics
Job Type: Full Time
Under the direction of a Dean or Director of a major function plan and perform a variety of complex secretarial and technical office duties in an assigned area to assure timely and efficient office operations for the department and relieve the Dean or Director of technical clerical duties; research, collect, analyze and compile data and information as needed; maintain complex files and records related to departmental operations, programs and expenditures.
The Administrative Assistant performs duties as primary secretarial support to a Dean or Director of a major function.
Classified Bargaining Unit, range 12
This position is scheduled 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Position is assigned to work 12 months per year.
Location of the position is Palm Desert Campus
Schedule and location is subject to change based on District need
- Plan and perform complex secretarial and technical office duties to assure timely and efficient office operations and relieve the Dean/Director of technical clerical duties.
- Perform various secretarial and administrative duties including answering telephones and greeting visitors; provide information in person or on the telephone or refer to appropriate personnel; open, screen and route mail.
- Compose, prepare and type a variety of correspondence, memos, reports and other materials specific to the assignment; proofread materials to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Organize and coordinate office functions activities and communications to assure efficient and effective office operations.
- Develop new and improved systems and procedures as a result of new policies or directives; assist with implementation after securing approval.
- Research, analyze and prepare information on a variety of topics for dissemination to the public through various communication means maintaining confidentiality of sensitive departmental and other information.
- Make decisions in accordance with laws and regulations and apply them to problem situations; receive and resolve complaints.
- Develop and maintain accurate files and records as required to support the office functions; maintain files in progress and assure proper completion.
- Process documents specific to the office assigned according to established procedures; prepare financial and statistical reports for the Dean/Director.
- Operate office machines including computers and related software applications, photocopiers, calculators, typewriter and other office equipment as assigned; maintain and control various databases.
- Attend meetings and record notes and minutes as required.
- Schedule appointments and meetings and notify appropriate individuals of meeting times and locations; arrange for meeting facilities as needed; prepare calendars as required.
- Maintain an appropriate level of office supplies and order forms and other office supplies as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by college-level course work with a grade of C or better in computer information systems or business related coursework and three (3) years of increasingly responsible office secretarial or administrative office support experience including some public contact
Experience with purchasing, contracts, and budgets.
Knowledge of: Modern office practices, procedures and equipment; telephone techniques and etiquette; Record-keeping techniques; operation of office machines including computer equipment and applicable software including word processing, spreadsheets, database management; and email; correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; oral and written communication skills; interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy; policies and objectives of assigned activities.
Ability to: Plan and perform complex secretarial and public contact work in support of a Dean/Director; Plan and organize work; read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures; evaluate and recommend improvements to systems, procedures and methods; work confidentially with discretion; meet schedules and time lines; maintain logs, reports and records; answer telephones and greet the public courteously; determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines; operate a variety of office machines including a computer and applicable software including word processing, spreadsheets, database management and email; type at 45 words net per minute from clear copy; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; maintain records and prepare reports; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; maintain confidentiality of student records; understand and follow oral and written instructions; sit for extended periods of time; bend at the waist, kneel or crouch.
Working Conditions: WORKING CONDITIONS
Environment: Office environment. Constant interruptions.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Weekly Working Hours: 40
Work Schedule & Hours: Monday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Tuesday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Wednesday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Thursday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary Schedule Range: Classified Salary Schedule, Range 12
Specific Departmental Needs:
Posting Number: 21-056
Number of Vacancies:
Desired Start Date:
Interview Date: 06/10/2021
Posting Open Date: 04/30/2021
Posting Close Date: 5/23/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications missing any of the required documents listed will not be considered. The following documents are required at the time of application:
- Online Application: Please fill out your online application completely with all requested details.
- Resume: Must include length of employment (month/year start & end dates) for each employer.
- Cover Letter: Please address how you meet the minimum requirements for this position and any special qualifications you possess.
- Official/Unofficial Transcripts: Showing course work completed. Diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of the transcripts.
IN YOUR APPLICATION
- List of Professional References: List of Professional References: References should include at three supervisors and two colleagues. Please include name, title, email, and current phone numbers for all references in your application. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of the required addition of Professional References.
To apply, visit https://cod.peopleadmin.com/postings/5037
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency