This ad is expired.
Administrative Specialist, Marketing and Athletics
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 8/1/2021
The Departments of Marketing and Athletics are seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Administrative Specialist. We are looking for someone with a willingness to help our departments grow and who will enjoy working with our diverse student body. Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, ability, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a linguistically and culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment. Recognized as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, Mission College is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
The purpose of this position is to perform specialized program and/or administrative related duties in assistance to an assigned operational function; to research, collect and analyze data and prepare draft reports; to perform administrative and technical work of assigned program area; and to provide specialized and/or technical assistance to management.
Applicants interested in working within an energetic, student-centered culture that looks to the future would find Mission College a perfect fit.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 11 months per year, with anticipated start date of September 27, 2021. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit. Work Location: Joint assignment to departments of Marketing and Athletics, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $7,056$7,716 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 69, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Two years of responsible technical program experience.
3. Equivalent to the completion of an Associates degree from an accredited college with major coursework in business, general education or related field.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, coordinate and implement program activities in area of assignment related to operational activities; prepare budgets, documents and/or brochures related to program activities.
- Review, verify and input data and documents related to operational and/or program activities such as budgets, contracts, grants, loadsheets, claims, bonds, legislation, schedules, rentals, personnel actions and/or other related information.
- Respond to requests for documentation and information related to assigned area of responsibility; explain and interpret assignment area policies and procedures to internal or external customers; may perform outreach and marketing duties related to assigned program area.
- Perform administrative and technical duties related to area of assignment including interpreting, analyzing and determining compliance or acceptance of information and materials; prepare reports and/or graphics to document results of duties performed.
- Provide front line support and information to students relative to area of assignment, as needed.
- Assist professional staff in performing and conducting studies, special projects, and administrative and technical functions; perform data collection and analysis; prepare draft reports, graphics and technical documents.
- Troubleshoot a variety of software systems relevant to area of assignment; respond to user questions and problems with relevant systems and equipment; input, assign and track work orders for repair and maintenance of systems and equipment.
- Participate in the development and implementation of software packages and upgrades; monitor systems for accurate and effective performance; coordinate with district information technology staff to resolve issues as needed.
- Perform basic graphic design and/or plan drawing work in the production of flyers, brochures, maps, cards and other program-related publications using related software applications.
- Plan, prioritize, assign and review the work of clerical staff and students involved in duties related to area of assignment.
- Schedule and coordinate the use of facilities and equipment related to area of assignment.
- Establish and maintain systems related to assigned technical areas of responsibility; monitor area activities and report progress as required.
- Ensure areas of responsibilities are in compliance with pertinent and applicable laws, codes, ordinances and legislation; regularly assess and modify reporting systems for improved effectiveness and efficiency; advise staff of any irregularities in compliance.
- Establish and maintain a wide variety of filing and reporting systems as necessary; develop record keeping procedures; provide relevant information to relevant parties; prepare and compile correspondence and reports.
- Compile and develop information for special studies and reports from a variety of resources; assist with various special projects, including coordination, research and development of systems.
- Assist supervisor with a variety of administrative operations and prepare or recommend on procedural modifications; order supplies and equipment; maintain calendars; process and respond to office communications and requests; process invoices.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 7412174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency