Assistant Athletic Director, External Operations
Classification: Administrator I
Department Name: Athletics Admn, Office of
Job Number: MB2021-EE2681
Status: Open Until FilledApply Today! Open until filled. Priority Screening begins: Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Priority Screening Date: 05/12/2021
Recruitment Status: Apply Today! Open until filled. Priority Screening begins: Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Powered by an inspiring Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Assistant Athletic Director External Operations will be primarily responsible for all aspects of external operations for the Athletics Department. This position will serve as a liaison with University Advancement on alumni relations, communications and marketing strategies designed to support student-athlete success. Oversee and coordinate events and programming designed to elevate the CSUMB Athletics program visibility and involvement in campus life, and strengthening CSUMB's exposure in the community.
This position may be appointed to serve as the Senior Woman Administrator (SWA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as member of Department of Athletics senior leadership team.
- Assists in the direction, management and monitoring of the Department of Athletics.
- Plans, administers, conducts, and evaluates all activities associated with the department's external operations with a goal of operational excellence.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Athletics and University Advancement.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and execution of a comprehensive marketing and promotions plan for home athletic competitions targeting a variety of diverse audiences including current students, alumni, faculty, staff, administration, friends of CSUMB, and the local community.
- Create and expand brand awareness for CSUMB Athletics, including oversight of trademark licensing program associated with official CSUMB Athletics logos and marks.
- Organizes and coordinates programming and events for the Department of Athletics, including but not limited to Homecoming, Hall of Fame, department receptions and events.
- Serve on California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) Executive Council: Attends conference meetings, NCAA conventions, and serve on committees.
- Assists with game management.
- Participates in university task forces and special projects as required.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules. Ability to interpret and apply federal, state, and university policies and regulations pertaining to the Athletics Department. Working knowledge of a student information system, such as Banner and PeopleSoft. Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills. General knowledge of personal computer software for business functions; especially spreadsheet, database, word processing applications and email.
Ability to: effectively manage and deliver student-oriented services on a campus with a diverse student body and staff using modern management and administrative techniques related to the development and implementation of appropriate methods of work planning, scheduling and coordination; assist with the planning, organization, and direction of others in the formation of program and policy within the operation; gather and analyze data; reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations; participate in and contribute to group meetings, conferences, and interviews; present clear and concise information orally and in written reports; train and evaluate the productivity and performance of other employees; analyze situations and take corrective action; communicate in a professional and effective mannerin both written and oral forms; and establish and maintain effective working relationships that promote professionalism and mutual respect in a multicultural and diverse academic community.
Equivalent to a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university AND three years leadership experience in intercollegiate athletics; which has included training and supervising the work of others.
Technical fluency with Oracle/PeopleSoft, CSU Common Management System or equivalent student information system; Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and Google mail and calendaring programs.
A masters degree and a minimum of two years working in NCAA intercollegiate athletics administration. Highly desirable: demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the CSUMB Vision Statement and the Core Values of applied, active, and project-based learning activities; interdisciplinarity; multicultural and global perspectives; technological sophistication; service learning; ethical reflection and practice; and collaboration. Experience working with a diverse and multicultural population and performing community services.
Special Conditions of Employment:
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and will be required to participate in annual training and to immediately forward to the Clery Director all reports of crimes brought to their attention pursuant to the Clery Act and California State Education Code, Chapter 15.5, of the Donahue Higher Education Act, Section 67380.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with responsibility for the care, safety and security of people (including children and minors), animals and CSU property; and responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access.
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Educations Family Educational Rights and Privacy and Californias Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and will be required to participate in annual training and to immediately forward to the Clery Director all reports of crimes brought to their attention pursuant to the Clery Act and California State Education Code, Chapter 16, of the Donahue Higher Education Act, Section 67380.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the Universitys liability coverage.
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. Requires travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; an excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance; long term disability coverage; life insurance; educational incentives; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For further information, please visit: Employee Benefits Summary. The University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing, Employee Housing.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/6191
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency