This ad is expired.
Assistant Athletic Director, Marketing and Fan Experience-ATH
Job ID: 246810
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive strategic plans for the Athletics Marketing Department to enhance marketing, promotional, customer experience, and sales initiatives (ticketing, merchandising/licensing, sponsorship, and other strategic areas) while fostering innovative and collaborative efforts to engage the students, staff, alumni, supporters and prospective fans of Owl Nation worldwide. Position will have administrative oversight of spirit programs, assist with management of outbound ticket sales strategies with primary focus on group sales, oversee the creative process for marketing and sales-oriented materials, and spearhead strategic plans focused on the continued enhancement of the fan experience at all events.
1. Oversees and develops a comprehensive strategic marketing plan for increased attendance, ticket sales and department external branding
2. Manages the design, production and distribution of all marketing materials ensuring materials represent organization's brand positioning and messaging appropriately
3. Assists stakeholders to better understand overarching marketing and communication goals and constraints to better achieve division and University goals
4. Works with division to provide data-based feedback regarding the success and strategy for marketing and communications efforts
5. Conducts weekly meetings with our multimedia rights partner to coordinate on all marketing initiatives with regards to our sponsors
6. Collaborates with student groups, alumni, donors and sponsors to create an exciting game-day experience
7. Creates pre-, post- and in-game promotional activities to maximize revenue and improve game atmosphere
8. Collaborates with the external team to strategize digital advertising elements, digital ad campaigns, social media marketing and data acquisition
9. Coordinates all digital marketing efforts including strategy development and implementation of targeted digital campaigns
10. Directs and activates email-marketing campaign elements
11. Collaborates with the communications and video departments on social media efforts, videos, website, online streaming and other special projects to enhance the KSU athletics brand
12. Writes PA Scripts and coordinates videoboard content at events
13. Serves as a member of the athletics branding committee
14. Implements initiatives to increase student attendance and engagement at athletic events by working closely with Student Affairs, Greek Life, Residence Life and the Homecoming Committee
15. Responsible for department budget processes
16. Hires, manages, and trains assigned staff and student assistants
17. Oversees Spirit Programs Staff, Marketing Assistant, and student worker/internship program.
18. Assist in the oversight of the outbound ticket sales team
19. Books talent for halftime shows, entertainment, and national anthem
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Five (5) years of experience in marketing, promotions, sales or tickets sales in collegiate, professional or minor league field
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience with Paciolan Ticket software
Experience with Email Marketing software
Experience with Paciolan Ticket software
Experience using CheetahMail for marketing emails
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to develop and maintain relationships across campus
Familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite
Familiarity with intercollegiate (NCAA) events, activities, operations and rules and regulations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, Desktop Publishing software)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=246810&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-b19e89c9db3f704d9b4c227b0eec3e92