WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Assists in the development and implementation of a program for the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- Assists in the administration of the Sports Medicine Program. Develops, trains, and supervises Work Study Training Room Assistants. Helps supervise use of all Athletic Training Room facilities.
- Assists in the collection and review of pre-participation physicals, medical questionnaires, and any other pertinent medical documents on all student-athletes.
- Maintain current medical paperwork on athletes they oversee.
- Assist in the selection of Team Orthopedic Physician and coordination of weekly orthopedic clinic. Responsible for working as a liaison between the Team Orthopedic Physician and the Athletic Program.
- Provides medical coverage for home varsity athletic contests and practices as assigned. Also provides medical coverage for away contests as assigned.
- Collaborates with coaching staff in developing Conditioning, Weight Training, and Nutrition Programs for athletes.
- Advises coaching staff of sports that they oversee as to daily medical status of injured players. Maintains ultimate responsibility, upon a physician's advice, in determining the athlete's ability to return to participation at any level.
- Assists in the promotion of health and physical well being of Athletic Program participants with regard to first aid treatment, injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Collaborates on the development of the appropriate Medical Questionnaire and Pre-participation documents for all intercollegiate student-athletes. Examines to ensure all participants of intercollegiate athletics provide information they are covered by medical insurance.
- Provides assistance to Health Center personnel with any orthopedic injuries.
- Assists in the coordinating of transportation and/or referral to the appropriate medical facilities for both emergency and non-emergency care for all intercollegiate student-athletes.
- Assists Director of Sports Medicine in management of the Sports Medicine Budget and in coordination of weekly Orthopedic Clinics.
- Assist in the certification in CPR, AED, and First Aid of all Head Coaches.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
YOUR TEAM WILL INCLUDE:
Work Study Training Room Assistants (5-15)
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Master's Degree
- At least 3-5 years of experience.
- NATABOC Certified and maintain through Continuing Education Units.
- Emergency Cardiac Care Certification.
- Licensed as Athletic Trainer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Hepatitis B vaccination and training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must maintain both throughout time in the position.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate by telephone and by e-mail.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
HOW AND WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
- Travel is required; regular physical exertion and exposure to weather; and heavy lifting required (75 pounds and over).
- This is a 10 month position.
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
- All Babson College faculty and staff authorized to work on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any appropriate boosters. Proof of vaccination upon hire is required or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster. Contact Human Resources for medical accommodation or religious exemption requests.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency