This ad is expired.
Associate Director - Athletics Scholarships
Plan and develop daily business functions for various departments within the athletic organization. Ensure the athletic organization maintains a favorable public and stakeholder perception while fulfilling the organization's strategic mission.
- Responsible for receiving and disseminating Statements of Athletic Financial Aid concerning new scholarships and/or changes in scholarships (Fall, Spring & Summer Aid).
- Create the Scholarship Disbursement Spreadsheet, including Tuition and Fee calculations, book authorizations, Training Table access listings, on-campus room, and board calculations, off-campus stipend calculations with Training Table Deductions, cost of attendance distributions, and Tuition and Fee Waiver eligibility.
- Provide accurate and timely payment/authorization listings to Tax Accounting, Housing, the Bookstore, and Sports Nutrition Center.
- Maintain proficiency with the Student Banner System and Student Tracking System (STS), collaborate with the Information Systems team and various departments to create more efficient processes. Ensure timely and accurate entry into systems for payment of Tuition and Fees, Off-Campus Stipends, and Cost of Attendance.
- Ensure Separation of Duties that all steps are done and reviewed on initial scholarship submissions and/or on any changes throughout the year.
- Verify Student-Athlete eligibility for payment of pre-enrollment type expenses. Provides payment approval to appropriate offices (Admissions, Housing, etc.).
- Reimburse Student-Athletes for required course materials through Techbuy.
- Collaborate with NCAA Compliance, Financial Aid, Housing, Sports Nutrition Center, Tax Reporting, and Registrar staff members to ensure students are not over/under awarded and other pertinent processes are completed.
- Review awards provided to each student and confirm student-athletes receive all financial aid.
- Keep strict records for NCAA Reporting and auditing purposes.
- Create and review miscellaneous reports necessary for daily operations and disbursement to ensure scholarship requirements are met. Collaborate with Information Technology on updates and new reports, as needed.
- Manage accurate and up-to-date scholarship spreadsheets for NCAA EADA report and continued oversight of procedures manual for scholarship-specific duties.
- Manages the administration and reporting of the Student Assistance Fund (SAF). Distribute requested funds and prepare annual reporting to the NCAA & Big 12 Conference.
- Ensure proper and timely accounting for and distribution of Memorial Endowment and Scholarship Funds.
- Serve and lead as the housing liaison for Student-Athletes and work directly with housing and each athletic sport to identify dorms and spaces needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant AD of Business Operations, including participation in requested committees and support of strategic initiatives.
- Comply with all NCAA Big 12 Conference, and Texas Tech University rules, regulations, and policies.
Bachelor's degree in a related field plus three (3) years related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal seven (7) years.
- Experience in accounting practices
- Familiarity with NCAA & collegiate athletics education
- Experience with Banner Systems, Cognos reporting, Elevations, CS Gold, and Teamworks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency