This ad is expired.
Coordinator, Marketing and Game Presentation
Close Date: 10-November-2022
Salary Range: Depends on experience
Sun Devil Athletics seeks a Coordinator, SDA Marketing and Game Presentation to provide support for the marketing and game presentation needs of Sun Devil Athletics and assigned sport programs and assist in the day-to-day operations of spectator experiences and entertainment at Sun Devil Athletics (SDA) sporting events. Uses marketing and promotion strategies extensively to generate revenue, maximize attendance, and create a preferred game environment. Serves as the primary game day producer for all home volleyball matches, field manager for home football games, assists with other SDA home events and ceremonies as assigned. Oversees the marketing and game presentation efforts for Olympic sports run by graduate assistants. Works collaboratively with communications, athletics operations and facilities, Pac-12 Sales, the Sun Devil Marching Band, the Spirit Squad and other SDA departments as needed. Reports to the Assistant AD for Marketing and Game Presentation. Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the department, the university, and the Arizona Board of Regents.
- Under the direction of the Assistant AD, Marketing and Game Presentation, oversees the operations of game entertainment including, creating in-game and on-court/field entertainment and promotions (i.e. video segments, fan interaction, etc.), and coordinating in-game activities (i.e. props, prizes, logos, contestants, etc.) for assigned sports.
- Develops and executes promotional campaigns to drive affinity, attendance and revenue for Volleyball, Wrestling and Womens Soccer
- Collaborates with the SDA Sales Center, SDA Ticket Operations, media, and community relations, to ensure all contractual responsibilities are fulfilled on game day and to ensure smooth execution of all events.
- Creates, executes, and analyzes marketing plans for assigned sport programs.
- Develops promotional materials and advertisements for assigned sport programs.
- Serves as primary game day producer for all volleyball home games and other Sun Devil events and ceremonies as assigned.
- Works with Pac-12 Sales to fulfill sponsor obligations.
- Creates and develops engaging in-game elements in conjunction with third-party production companies.
- Oversees game day event scripts, rundown and LED content for assigned sports.
- Increases media engagement through unique partnership opportunities with area corporations and advertisers.
- Supervises graduate assistants and interns.
- Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the department, the university, and the Arizona Board of Regents.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of experience in the program of assignment; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Two (2) years related experience at the D1 college level, preferably at a Power 5 Conference level.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Experience working in stressful situations.
- Experience in working collaboratively with members of all constituencies of the department.
- Evidence of effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of intercollegiate athletics rules and regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and PAC 12 rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to the assigned area.
- Experience in problem solving and decision-making.
- Experience in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Experience in managing, supervising and evaluating assigned staff.
- Experience in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institutions sustainability programs
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- Regular supervision received by Assistant AD for Marketing and Game Presentation.
- Supervises Graduate Assistants and interns
The Sun Devil Athletics (SDA) programs are elite, high profile Division I programs. By definition, Division I programs are the "best of the best" and the ladder by which athletes ascend to the world of professional sports and international competitions, such as the Olympics and World Cup. Moreover, Arizona State University and SDA compete in the PAC-12 conference. This conference is known for having won more NCAA national championships in team sports than any other conference in history.The vision of SDA is to be a comprehensive perennial top ten NCAA Division I athletics program that empowers Sun Devils to maximize human potential and make a positive impact on our university, community and the world.The mission of SDA is to provide opportunities for student-athletes to achieve at the highest levels of both academic and athletic excellence, thereby providing them with opportunities for personal growth, offering a unifying force to the campus community, and creating a source of pride among and support from the external constituencies of the university. SDA promotes identity, inclusion and expression to build a strong Sun Devil Community reflective of ASUs charter.SDA affirms ASUs commitment to equal employment and is fully committed to the principles of student-athlete welfare, competing with integrity, gender equity and inclusion, ethnic diversity, and sportsmanship. This commitment includes creating an environment where student-athletes contribute to a winning tradition while enhancing the campus and local community and competing in a program having integrity and high ethical standards. SDA is committed to a leadership role within the university, community, the Pac-12 Conference, and the nation.SDA is committed to recruit, retain and develop a gender equitable, inclusive and diversified workforce.ASU offers up to 24 hours of professional development opportunities per year and a competitive benefits package, which includes paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, free mental health resources, employee discounts and more. In particular, ASU offers a generous tuition discount for employees, their spouses, dependents and retirees. Working in SDA also provides unique access to sporting events and athletic-related discounts.For more information on ASU benefits, please visit http://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefitsenrollment.The vision of SDA is to be a comprehensive perennial top ten NCAA Division I athletics program that empowers Sun Devils to maximize human potential and make a positive impact on our university, community and the world.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASUs Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
How to Apply
To view the full description and to apply, please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4653041
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency