- Director of Title IX and Equal Opportunity
- Go to our website »
Director of Title IX and Equal Opportunity
Nevada State College (NSC) appreciates your interest in employment. To ensure your application process runs smoothly, we ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- The required documents are listed below on the posting. Your application may not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
- Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Completed applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- Please note, recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (702) 992-2320 or email@example.com.
Nevada State College (NSC) invites applications for the position of Director of Title IX and Equal Opportunity.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, this position is responsible for supporting institutional equity and Title IX programs and initiatives as well as the College's commitment to providing safe and secure educational and workplace environments that are free from discrimination and harassment.
The Director will oversee and manage the institution's compliance with federal Title IX regulations, Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) policy, Nevada State investigation and resolution processes, and will advance the institution's Title IX training and education programs.
Additionally, this position will oversee and manage the institution's compliance related to equal opportunity programs that include: Title II, Title VII, Section 503 & 504, and other EO laws at the federal, state, NSHE, and College levels.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Nevada State College, a four-year Minority Serving public institution with a statewide mission, is dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning and committed to the advancement of a diverse and largely under-served student population. Designated a Hispanic Serving (HSI) and Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Institution (AANAPI), NSC is a college where teaching and student support are valued above all else.
A majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students, of which 45% are Hispanic, 14% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 9% are Black/African American, 24% are White, and 9% are multiracial.
We celebrate the storied backgrounds of our campus community. We operate with a shared commitment to represent and serve the diverse population of Nevada and to encourage the exchange of ideas that respects and honors the lived experiences of our students, staff, and faculty. We foster a culture of inclusive excellence so our members can live authentically, fully engage, and flourish. In order to strengthen the college and progress its mission, the college dedicates itself to intentional and ongoing reflection to meeting the evolving needs of NSC, the surrounding communities, and the State of Nevada.
We seek applicants who are passionate about working with this promising student population and collaborating with faculty and staff across departments to make a lasting impact in developing our institution and our community.
We encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education.
- Administer, oversee, and manage all aspects of the College's EO and Title IX programs, processes, and initiatives.
- Serve as the designated College official for the implementation of Title IX programs.
- Develop, implement, and revise all EO & Title IX documentation and policies.
- Develop and deliver education and prevention programs and trainings related to federal, state, NSHE, and NS compliance matters.
- Receive and review complaints of discrimination and harassment; determine appropriate course of action to resolve each complaint; conduct complex EEO/Title investigations; make recommendations for findings and resolution; and maintain exemplary investigation records.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures to the College community; Serve as a resource to College administrators, faculty, staff, and students when EEO, Affirmative Action, ADAAA, and Title IX issues arise.
- Develop relationships and MOUs with campus stakeholders and community partners to expand support services and education and prevention efforts.
- Develops and completes the College's annual Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) and other federal, state, NSHE, or NS reports.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-5 years of experience conducting complex investigations and collecting and analyzing evidence.
- 2-3 years of experience managing and supporting comprehensive equal opportunity and/or Title IX programs.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Section 504, Title II, Title VII, Title IX, civil rights, affirmative action, and equal opportunity laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship (NSC does not sponsor employment-related visas).
Please note: Applicants must demonstrate how they meet the above qualifications. Applicants meet the posted minimum qualifications at the time of application in order to be considered for the position.
- Master's Degree or Juris Doctorate.
- Experience in a public Higher Education institution.
- Experience serving as a Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Title IX Coordinator.
- Experience conducting complex civil rights, Title IX, or other equal opportunity investigations.
- Experience working on cases with OCR, EEOC, and NERC (or other state regulatory agencies).
- Title Investigator or Coordinator certification.
Salary & Benefits
Budgeted salary for this position is $80,500. Nevada State College offers excellent benefits, including 15.50% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and the choice of three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.
This Posting is Open Until Filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
NSC employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE, UNLV, UNR, NSC, CSN, TMCC, WNC, GBC, or DRI) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSC and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment(s) viewable to you will be the attachment(s) to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment(s) to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment(s) will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please upload the following documents:
- Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and Nevada State College;
- Names and contact information of three references (you will be notified before references are contacted).
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Nevada State College does not currently sponsor Visas, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Nevada State College
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NSC-external/job/NSC---Henderson/Director-of-Title-IX-and-Equal-Opportunity_R0135736
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency