SYSTEMWIDE TITLE IX DIRECTOR
Job ID: 36464
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at: Jobs at UCOP
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world. Learn more about the UC Office of the President
The Systemwide Title IX Director ensures systemwide oversight and compliance of Title IX operations, policy and procedures, as well as all related government regulations. Oversees activities related to audit, evaluation, correction, active monitoring, on-site review and investigation to ensure consistent and quality institutional prevention and response to all related allegations and issues. Provides advice, guidance, and assistance to the Office of the President. Co-supervises and directs all local Title IX offices and activities. Recognized as an influential and knowledgeable leader. Makes final decisions for the organization and ensures achievement of objectives. Decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of the organization. Regularly reports Title IX activities to the President, and as required, to the Regents.
- Minimum 10 years experience with 5 years progressive management experience and Title IX Officer or comparable experience in higher education.
- Advanced knowledge of the compliance and ethics profession, theories, and standards.
- Professional knowledge of Human Resources case law, trends and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to direct a variety of program areas within ethics and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with management to identify and mitigate key compliance and ethics risks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner. This includes findings for specific compliance and ethics program issues and risk areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiation, consultation and communication skills across a wide variety of audiences for different areas of Title IX program development and compliance.
- Excellent ability to synthesize, convey and explain information to individuals of all levels of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of Title IX compliance and policies, best practices and systems; human and other resource planning, analytical and comprehensive project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work as a leader in a collaborative environment, to exercise good judgment, and bring about consensus on sensitive and politically-charged issues.
- Ability to manage and develop professional staff, including local officers/staff and campus locations.
- Experience managing data development and reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of developing and delivering quality training for a diverse audience.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Master's Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, College Student Personnel or a related field
- Law degree (J.D.)
- Travel to campuses, medical centers and other UC locations (approximately 10 - 15%) of the time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: Recommended annual salary range: $194,000 - $220,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: Benefits of Belonging
The Systemwide Title IX office provides direction and support for the Title IX offices at the university's 10 campuses and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), as well as the Office of the President. We assist in implementing systemwide initiatives and best practices in harassment prevention and response. We also provide investigative support and develop and deliver education and training to Title IX offices and other university partners involved in preventing and responding to sexual harassment and sexual violence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The first review date for this job is June 15, 2022. The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position. Background check process at UCOP
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014. UC Smoke & Tobacco Free Policy
August 2021 Update: The University of California has issued a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 before physically accessing the University location or programs. Upon hire into a UCOP position, you will be provided detailed instructions on how to comply with this policy including access to the COVID vaccination at no cost. New hires to UCOP who work onsite or will come onsite for any activities at a UCOP or other UC location must comply with this policy within 8 weeks after their start date. The policy allows for employees to request approval for an exception or deferral. UC COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. EEO/AA Employer UC Nondiscrimination Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: Accessibility or email the Human Resource Department at: email@example.com
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucop/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=19&JobOpeningId=36464&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency